The Planning Forum of our college conducts various activities with the objective:
• To encourage students to exchange ideas on socio-economic issues
• To develop better understanding of their immediate surroundings
• To update themselves with the latest developments on policy changes
The Planning forum organized a wide spectrum of activities.
1. Just a minute competition: -The competition saw participants display their presence of mind, wit and creative thinking on a wide range of topics
2. Elocution Competition – Topics are generally given on latest economic growth and development to update themselves with current economic policies, issues, implementation and implications
3. Economic Quiz and Cross word puzzle – Forum conducts these events to acquaint students with basic economic concepts and terms, as a part of our objective to develop better understanding of their surroundings
4. Planning forum organized field trip to Bombay Stock Exchange which helped the students gain first-hand information on the workings of this dynamic institution
5. A.D.Shroff memorial elocution competition is a very important activity of the forum sponsored by the Forum of Free Enterprise since 200S-06.The main objective of the forum of free enterprise is to update students on new economic changes and invite their contributions on policy decisions
• To organize many more guest lectures on recent economic developments, issues, policies and its implications on civil society
• Planning to organize Industrial visits to develop entrepreneurial skill amongst students and to understand the functioning of the market, its demand & supply
• To organize field trip to different financial’ institutions to understand its mechanism,system intricacies and operation on the overall economy.
• Planning to organize more seminars & workshops on market failures, inflation and corruption, monetary and fiscal policy.
The Planning Forum organized a visit to RBI Monetary Museum on 24thJuly 2015 as a part of its regular activity. It helped our students to understand financial instruments of ancient and contemporary India.
A one-day industrial visit to Igatpuri was organized on 10th August 2015.The industry visited was KLASSPACK PVT.LTD at Nashik. It produces glass ampoules and tabular glass vials. Students also got a chance to visit Vipassana Meditation Center.
The Planning Forum organized an Elocution Competition on 10th September2015. Participants spoke for five minutes on any one of the following topics:
1. Agrarian Crisis-Farmers’ Suicides
2. Disaster Management
3. Emerging challenges of Globalization
4. Menace of Black Money
5. Rising Unemployment and Policy Reforms More than fifteen students from different streams participated in the competition.
A.D.Shroff memorial elocution competition is a very important activity of the Forum sponsored by the Forum of Free Enterprise since 2005-2006.The main objective of the Forum of Free Enterprise is to update students on new economic changes and invite their contributions on policy decisions. The Planning Forum organized A.D.Shroff Memorial Elocution Competition on 28th November2015.